During the 17 years of being in the field of marriage and family, I have specialized in helping couples. I spent my entire doctorate program studying couples and researching what makes couples succeed in relationships. I’ve also studied what makes people feel disconnected in marriage and relationships. If you’re like most people, you would like to lower your chances of relationship problems or divorce and increase the possibilities of having a happy marriage or relationship. Fortunately, there’s lots of research demonstrating that successful relationships require each person to use healthy relationship skills, and you can learn those relationship skills through our luxury all-inclusive couples retreat.
I promise you, our retreat doesn’t include stuffy conference rooms and business attire. Flip flops and swim suits are welcome! Each morning, we’ll meet in a small group setting for 60-90 minutes to learn key relationship skills to help you understand each other, communicate better, and feel closer and more connected than ever before. After that, feel free to enjoy your day on the beach, in the spa, or in the pool…or any way you’d like! Join me, for a fun, relaxing and romantic retreat with your mate!
- Master of Science degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, Valdosta State University
- Doctorate of Philosophy in Marriage and Family Therapy, The Florida State University
- Licensed marriage and family therapist in Florida
- Clinical fellow of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Owner of Family Therapy Associates of Jacksonville, an upscale, specialized therapy center, focused totally on bettering couple and family relationships
- Served as a couple and family educator, professor, and early childhood specialist
- Established the Healthy Marriage Initiative for the state of Mississippi
- Named one of Jacksonville’s top marriage counselors by Three Best Rated, 2016, 2017, & 2018.
- Happily married to my husband, Derek, who makes me laugh and makes sure that there’s never a dull moment in life
- In my free time, I enjoy cooking, international traveling, and shopping (shoes and handbags are my weakness)
All retreats are led by Dr. Tabitha Johnson, Ph.D., LMFT. Depending on the group size or the requests for one-on-one therapy, additional therapists may assist at the retreat.